The GT world keeps turning. Two weeks after the Blancpain GT Series did Brands Hatch and one week after many of the teams endured 24 hours of grueling race action at the Nürburgring, Blancpain GT is back in England for the Silverstone endurance round. The fourth round of the championship sees Aston Martin Vantage GT3 team R-Motorsport start from pole position after Matthieu Vaxiviere, Nicki Thiim and Jake Dennis set a 3-lap average time of 1:56.962 in the sunny morning qualification session, just 0.159 seconds quicker than the second-placed AKKA ASP Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Raffaele Marciello, Tristan Vautier and Adam Christodoulou.
The race starts at 15:00 BST / 16:00 CET.
What’s happened in Blancpain GT so far in 2018:
- Pre-season test gallery
- Zolder race report and gallery
- Kelvin van der Linde: “Expectations will be different now”
- Steijn Schothorst: “Not saying we’ll win every weekend, but we are competitive”
- Lorenz Frey: “Monza will be easier for us”
- Monza race report
- Monza gallery
- Dries Vanthoor: “In Zolder the rules were against me, in Monza for me”
- Yelmer Buurman: “Perhaps we should have won”
- Alex Fontana: “There’s still room to improve the Jaguar”
- Mirko Bortolotti: “Our mission is to keep on improving”
- Brands Hatch race report and gallery
- Blancpain GT archive on GT REPORT