Blancpain GT is back from its summer break following the Spa 24 Hours with two one-hour sprint races at the Nürburgring. The penultimate round of the Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe sees 28 cars go for victory at the legendary Eifel race track. Black Falcon Mercedes-AMG GT3 pilots Maro Engel and Luca Stolz went into their home-race weekend leading the championship standings but lost their position at the top of the charts following Orange1 FFF Racing Team drivers Andrea Caldarelli and Marco Mapelli’s victory in race 1 and Black Falcon’s eighth-place finish.
The #1 WRT Audi R8 LMS GT3 of Dries Vanthoor and Ezequiel Pérez Companc leads the field to the green of the second race starting today at 14:30 CET.
WHAT’S HAPPENED SO FAR IN BLANCPAIN GT THIS YEAR:
- Paul Ricard pre-season test | Gallery | Interview Steven Palette
- Monza | Race report | Gallery | Interview Klaus Bachler | Interview Yelmer Buurman
- Brands Hatch | Race 1 report | Race 2 report | Gallery | Interview Maro Engel
- Silverstone | Race report | Gallery
- Paul Ricard | Pre-qualification report | Qualification report | Race report | Gallery | Interview Andrea Caldarelli
- Zandvoort | Gallery | Interview Raffaele Marciello | Interview Christopher Haase | Interview Simon Gachet
- Spa 24 Hours | Pre-qualification report | Pre-qualification interview Yelmer Buurman | Super Pole report | Super Pole interview Maro Engel | Race report: First three hours | Mid-race gallery | Race report: Midnight | Race report: Morning | Race report: Finish | Interview race winner Kévin Estre | Interview third-place finisher Yelmer Buurman | Gallery