After an absence of four years, the Blancpain GT Series returns to Circuit Zandvoort. The race track in the dunes plays host to the sixth round of the overall championship and third of the Blancpain GT World Challenge.
Vincent Abril and Raffaele Marciello (AKKA ASP Mercedes-AMG) qualified on pole position during this morning’s qualifying session. Mirko Bortolotti and Christian Engelhart (Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini) starts alongside on the front row.
Race 1 saw Abril and Marciello lead from the start to finish well ahead of the pack and claim their first victory of the year. Behind them the battle for the final podium places was intense with Christian Engelhart holding of the Mercedes AMG of Maro Engel whilst Dries Vantour followed closely hoping to benefit from the battle in front of him.
Race 2 starts at 14:15 CET with Christopher Haase and Simon Gachet start on pole in the Sainteloc Racing Audi R8 LMS.
WHAT’S HAPPENED SO FAR IN BLANCPAIN GT THIS YEAR:
- Paul Ricard pre-season test | Gallery | Interview Steven Palette
- Monza | Race report | Gallery | Interview Klaus Bachler | Interview Yelmer Buurman
- Brands Hatch | Race 1 report | Race 2 report | Gallery | Interview Maro Engel
- Silverstone | Race report | Gallery
- Paul Ricard | Pre-qualification report | Qualification report | Race report | Gallery | Interview Andrea Caldarelli